The point of this build is to do mediocre burst damage, with high sustained damage over time, high healing, as well as survivability. While it is well known that Necromancer / Warlock is the best PVE build atm, I'd say this build is perhaps one of the best well rounded; in other words, you can carry this spec from PVE to PVP and vice versa.
If you've been keeping up with things so far, you'll know that the first video seemed a little rough, and perhaps didn't 100% effectively show what this build can do. I hope this next video can do that. However, I want to cover a few things first:
A note on roles, I chose Necromancer as my third role for the pet and extra dot. However, you can choose whatever you want. Obviously, if you don't go with Necromancer, you'll need to adjust number 3 on the rotation to a Dot, or instant cast / spell of your liking
- General Gameplay - 00:00 - 03:20
- General Spell Explanations - 03:20 - 05:00
- Build / Spell rotation in action - 05:00 - 07:57
The basic spell rotation is simple, and not hard to learn. I cover it in the video, however, I'll type it out here too.
Follow this rotation until Opportunity procs. If Opportunity procs, cast Vile Spores within 5 seconds. Vile spores does damage, and then damage over time
- Ruin - Instant cast. Does instant damage, as well as damage over time.
- Dark Touch - Instant Cast. Does damage over time.
- Necrosis - Instant Cast. Does damage over time.
- Radiant Spores - Each damage tick (this includes each tick from a dot) has a 15%(30%) chance to heal for 100% of the damage given.
- Life Leech - Takes life from monster, gives to caster.
- Withering Vines - Does damage over time, and heals caster over time.
If you get ~75% life: Use Bloom, an instant cast heal. If Bloom is on cooldown, use Flourish, an AOE instant cast heal.
For single target mobs: Follow the same rotation.
For multiple mobs at once: For 2 - 3 mobs I follow 1-4 on the rotation, and switch between the monsters. For 3+, I follow 1-6 on the rotation and leave out the vile spores until the dots have been applied. May apply radiant spores early.
- With this build, I stack these stats in order: Intel, Spell Crit, Wisdom, Endurance.
- I also have the Trinket that you get at decorated with Freemarch, which, when hit, has a chance to heal you for 120.
- There is a Greater Essence you can purchase that has a chance to heal an additional 436 health over 8 seconds. A radiant spores proc does proc this. If I can manage to get an epic sourcestone, This build will literally become Godlike.
I give a pretty decent rundown at this video here:
- Play defensive. You're a mage, yes, but you're also a clothy.
- Use mostly instant casts. You don't want to be caught in the middle of a 2s cast spell.
- Use Radiant Spores on a cluster of people
- Apply dots and switch targets.
- For focus targeting, apply dots and use Stream of Reclamation
For Rift Boss Encounters:
With this rotation, I stay at the top of the contribution meter.
- When Opportunity procs, keep using Vile Spores.
- Use Radiant Spores each time it's off cooldown. This is because if there is another chloromancer there, and he casts this spell, it will override yours.
- Use Flourish (The AOE Group heal) Every time it's off cooldown. This will increase your points.
- Use a battle rez if you easily can. It will give you 1000 points every time.
- Use Entropy when your charge bar is full.by s1wg4u