RaiderZ, the newly announced title from Berlin based publishers Frogster, will be setting adventurers an entirely new breed of challenge when they fight for survival in MAIET Entertainment’s sumptuous free to play title, set to arrive next year. A new trailer, in which the gigantic dragon ‘Sorena’ is rudely awakened from his slumber, gives gamers a thrilling insight into the world of RaiderZ.
Survival of the Skilled
RaiderZ features an unconventional non-targeting combat system where players have direct control over their characters in battle, a departure from traditional point-and-click MMOs. Players will be able to choose between six unique character specialisations that they must use to take down monsters roaming around the expansive world. These enemies possess a great deal of physical strength and intelligence and only with a solid battle strategy, a great deal of precision and some sly off-the-cuff manoeuvres will players survive to see their foes drawing their final breath.
“With RaiderZ, we have licensed a game that will make a serious splash in the MMO market. The graphics, the combat system and the numerous epic monsters are only a few of the qualities that make this game so special, setting RaiderZ apart from the usual fare”, said Daniel Ullrich, CMO and Manager of Frogster, adding, “We will work together closely with MAIET and bring all of our experience to the table in order to achieve the best possible result for the players. We’re looking forward to an exciting and successful future with the developers.”
Joongpil ‘Venister’ Cho, CEO of MAIET, also shared his enthusiasm about the future collaboration: “We have high hopes for RaiderZ, and given Frogster’s proven success within the MMO genre, we are confident that RaiderZ will be a success when it arrives in Europe next year.”
RaiderZ is currently slated to appear towards the end of 2012 as a free download available throughout Europe, initially in the languages English, German and French.
Experience the heart-pounding thrill of the hunt where the line between hunter and hunted quickly blurs. Track down colossal-sized monsters online in an open world that is as beautiful as it is deadly. Will you discover the origins of the monsters' invasion and where their taste for human flesh comes from? In an exotic land overrun by hideous creatures, the country of Rendel has put out a call to all able-bodied adventurers. Know your enemies and choose wisely your allies. Many have perished before you.
- Intense Real-Time Action and Combat. Engage in real-time battles that require timing and skill
- Breakable Monster System. Break off bits and pieces of your opponents and use them against them!
- Grappling System. Monsters don't just hit you, they will grab you, crush you, and even eat you alive!
- Conquest Crafting. Defeat monsters and rip them apart to discover various materials used to craft endless amounts of armor and weapons!
- True Physics. From combat collision to the way your cloak ripples in the wind, the latest Nvidia PhysX Engine helps create a realistic world for you to experience.
- Classless Characters. Don't choose a pre-set class, create your own by selecting skills and abilities across multiple roles and classes to create the character that you want to play!