Not sure if anyone has seen this before. I worked for 12 hours today in CE to try and find some base addresses. Many times I found a whole list of pointers (sometimes hundreds) for each address and I literally could not narrow the search down without losing the value. I ended up tracing hundreds of addresses and offsets and none of them ever led to a base address. Some of them were only two levels deep and some were four levels deep. Eventually they would just no longer show another pointer, and they would also no longer show the value I was looking for.
I suppose at this point:
1. Maybe the client is made to make it this difficult to find the addresses.
2. Some sort of memory issue with running in Win 7 x64 or Debian 6 with virtual machine.
3. Maybe I suck at it even though I have done multi-level addresses in other MMO clients just fine.
My other options are:
1. Use the network packet framework of the game (which I have the source of) and decode and inject as I need.
2. Try a different approach for probing memory locations (string search, or I don't know)?
3. Write a program for grabbing the dynamic address every time I fire up the client and not worry about the static addresses.
Any suggestions other than to shoot myself with AK47?