There are many Proxy Sites, Forums and Resources out there, however they all have one fundamental flaw - the lists are nearly always out of date or totally unchecked. The Proxy lists you find on most boards are no exception, the lists often contain massive amounts of dangerous Transparent Proxies.
The solution presented here is quite simple. Special for ProGamerCity members I present a list of fresh, public proxies, which were tested and filtered manually
Now a little bit about ProxyIn computer networks, a proxy server is a server (a computer system or an application) that acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers. A client connects to the proxy server, requesting some service, such as a file, connection, web page, or other resource available from a different server. The proxy server evaluates the request as a way to simplify and control their complexity. Today, most proxies are web proxies, facilitating access to content on the World Wide Web.
How can I use proxy servers
- A proxy server has a variety of potential purposes, including:
- To keep machines behind it anonymous, mainly for security.
- To speed up access to resources (using caching). Web proxies are commonly used to cache web pages from a web server.
- To apply access policy to network services or content, e.g. to block undesired sites.
- To access sites prohibited or filtered by your ISP or institution.
- To log / audit usage, i.e. to provide company employee Internet usage reporting.
- To bypass security / parental controls.
- To circumvent Internet filtering to access content otherwise blocked by governments.
- To scan transmitted content for malware before delivery.
- To scan outbound content, e.g., for data loss prevention.
- To allow a web site to make web requests to externally hosted resources (e.g. images, music files, etc.) when cross-domain restrictions prohibit the web site from linking directly to the outside domains.
A proxy server that passes requests and responses unmodified is usually called a gateway or sometimes tunneling proxy.
A proxy server can be placed in the user's local computer or at various points between the user and the destination servers on the Internet.
A reverse proxy is (usually) an Internet-facing proxy used as a front-end to control and protect access to a server on a private network, commonly also performing tasks such as load-balancing, authentication, decryption or caching.
What Proxy list is?A proxy list is a list of open HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS proxy servers all on one website. Proxies allow users to make indirect network connections to other computer network services. Proxy lists include the IP addresses of computers hosting open proxy servers, meaning that these proxy servers are available to anyone on the internet. Proxy lists are often organized by the various proxy protocols the servers use, most commonly:
There are 3 types of HTTP proxies:
- Fully anonymous proxies - Such proxies do not change request fields and look like real browser. Your real IP is also hidden of course. People that administer internet servers will think that you are not using any proxies.
- Anonymous proxies - Do not show a real IP but change the request fields, so it is very easy to detect that a proxy is being used by log analysis. You are still anonymous, but some server administrators restrict proxy requests.
- Transparent proxies (not anonymous, simply HTTP) - Change the request fields and they transfer the real IP. Such proxies are not applicable for security and privacy while surfing on the web. You can use them only for network speed improvement.
"Proxy chaining" is using several proxy servers in a series. Use the following settings in your browser: http://proxyA:portA/http://proxyB:portB/. Note: you may expect some speed loss.
SOCKS is a protocol that relays TCP sessions at a firewall host to allow application users transparent access across the firewall. Because the protocol is independent of application protocols, it can be (and has been) used for many different services, such as telnet, ftp, finger, whois, gopher, WWW, etc. Access control can be applied at the beginning of each TCP session; thereafter the server simply relays the data between the client and the application server, incurring minimum processing overhead. Since SOCKS never has to know anything about the application protocol, it should also be easy for it to accommodate applications which use encryption to protect their traffic from nosy snoopers. No information about the client is sent to the server – thus there is no need to test the anonymity level of the SOCKS proxies.
A lot of sites ask money for such type of list, but if you’re a PGC member, you get this stuff free of charge.
And I will keep this list up to date
Checked by Grooguz: 2012-05-29
High Anonymous / Level1 Proxies (57)Code:126.96.36.199:8080 188.8.131.52:80 184.108.40.206:80 220.127.116.11:8088 18.104.22.168:8118 22.214.171.124:80 126.96.36.199:3128 188.8.131.52:3128 184.108.40.206:8088 220.127.116.11:80 18.104.22.168:80 22.214.171.124:8888 126.96.36.199:80 188.8.131.52:3128 184.108.40.206:80 220.127.116.11:80
Anonymous / Level2 Proxies (101)Code:18.104.22.168:8080 22.214.171.124:80 126.96.36.199:8090 188.8.131.52:8080 184.108.40.206:8080 220.127.116.11:3128 18.104.22.168:8080 22.214.171.124:80 126.96.36.199:8080 188.8.131.52:80 184.108.40.206:3128 220.127.116.11:8080 18.104.22.168:8080 22.214.171.124:80 126.96.36.199:3128 188.8.131.52:3128 184.108.40.206:8080 220.127.116.11:3128
Transparent / Level3 Proxies (925)Code:18.104.22.168:80 22.214.171.124:80 126.96.36.199:80 188.8.131.52:3128 184.108.40.206:8080 220.127.116.11:3128 18.104.22.168:8080 22.214.171.124:3128 126.96.36.199:3128 188.8.131.52:8080 184.108.40.206:8080 220.127.116.11:8000 18.104.22.168:8080 22.214.171.124:8080 126.96.36.199:8080 188.8.131.52:3128 184.108.40.206:8080 220.127.116.11:3128 18.104.22.168:3128 22.214.171.124:8080 126.96.36.199:3128 188.8.131.52:3128 184.108.40.206:3128 220.127.116.11:8080 18.104.22.168:8080 22.214.171.124:8080 126.96.36.199:3128 188.8.131.52:8080 184.108.40.206:8080 220.127.116.11:8080 18.104.22.168:80 22.214.171.124:8080 126.96.36.199:80 188.8.131.52:8080
Full list of proxies in attachment