Koda was developed to help assist with the creation of forms (GUIs) for the AutoIt3 scripting language. Koda saves its form definition in a standard XML file with KXF extension. It includes all allowed control properties and styles. The interface has three principal parts: Main Window, Object Inspector and Form List Window.
”Features“Designer features[list][*] full AutoIt control support:
[*]4 custom (UDF based) control support:
- List (with Items list editor)
- Combobox (with Items list editor)
- MainMenu (with visual MenuBuilder)
- ContextMenu (with visual MenuBuilder)
- TrayMenu (with visual MenuBuilder)
- Picture (with Picture editor)
- Icon (with Picture editor)
- TreeView (with visual Tree Designer)
- ListView (with visual Columns editor and Items editor)
- Obj (with component choosing ability)
[*]control resizing and moving[*]control copy/cut/paste/delete[*]unlimited undo levels[*]alignment to grid (grid size is customizable)[*]changing properties and styles in the property inspector reflects immediately[*]align palette for control alignment[*]visual control tab order changing[*]customizable colors[*]customizable tool bars[*]forms saving and loading[*]simultaneous multiple forms editing[*]generates new code or updates existing script[*]easy-to-use templates gallery for organizing your templates[*]import existing GUI scripts (even those not created by Koda)[*]support for write and use import converters for other form formats[*]multilingual:
[*]and many other[/list:u]
- Brasilian Portugese
- Dutch (outdated)
- French Belgique (outdated)
- Norwegian (outdated)
Multiple controls handling
You can cut, copy, paste and delete multiple controls at once. Controls can be selected by «rubber frame».
When you select multiple controls, all properties that are common to them can be changed at once.
Koda tries to generate code as cleaner and readable as possible. Code generator is able to:
- generate loop and event code
- managing includes
- make use of user templates
- make literal presentation of styles
- expand variables in the text properties
- expand AutoIt macros in text properties
- use customizable indentation
- use customizable variables scope
Koda application is fully portable. It doesn't need any additional libraries installed in your system, nor any registry entries. The only registry key Koda may create is KXF file association. Yet, this is not automatic. You have full control over it, that is, you may use it or not. All Koda's settings are kept within a single xml file.
Koda 22.214.171.124 and up have multilanguage support. Language files are standard XML files. If you want to make translation for your language, that not exists, please download language kit and follow instructions in the file «readme.html».
ActiveX control browser
Latest release version 126.96.36.199 from 2010-07-30: koda_188.8.131.52
Language kit (instrumentary to help language creating): koda_language_kit