Chanter DPS Guide - PVP / PVE
There are several stats you want to increase with manastones. Those which are worth it are:
3. Magical Accuracy
Your first aim will be to get your critical hit at about 900-950. With that you'll be able to reach the crit cap(500=50%) even though your enemies have a lot of crit resist(450 max).
As second stat you should try to get your magical accuracy at a decent point. Most of your stuns and debuffs rely on the MA/Magic resist formular. Average MR without buffs or Manastones is about 1,6k-1,8k. Therefore that is the amount of MA you should try to reach.(It is easy!)
In endgame gear, you'll most likely reach those stats and still have some slots left. Now it's up to you what you prefer. Either get more MA, HP or Accuracy. I personally prefer HP and MA, since Accuracy will only help you vs. assasines and rangers(block cleric have ways too much block), and those are not your hardest enemies.
My stats atm are:
(those numbers are variable, it's really about preference, each has pros and cons)
Sidenote: Don't calculate unbuffed, you have buffs which increase all of those stats and make reaching them ways easier.
1. Recovery Spell [ best heal a chanter has, low CD, low cast time]
2. Protective Ward [important defensive buff which will safe your life in certain situations]
3. Rage Spell [most of the time useless but required to equip the following stigmas]
4. Binding Word [ instant debuff (disables the enemy to use physical skills+slow effect)]
5. Disorienting Blow [ instant knockdown]
6. Splash Swing [ high damage skill]
7. Stamina Restoration [instant heal]
8. Blessing of Wind [ damage buff, increases damage by a lot!]
9. Mountain Crash [ highest damage skill + 25m range]
Options for the last slots[sorted by importance( in my opinion)]:
10. Rise [ 2nd Remove shock skill]
11. Soul Crush [knockdowns the target if he's already stunned, random(sometimes high) damage]
12.Soul lock [ damage skill, disables the enemy to use physical attacks, 25m range, can only be used if the enemy is stunned or kd'ed]
---My stigma build
13. Annhilation [ Skill Chain, the last hit stuns]
14. Enhancement Mantra [ gives 500 stun resist]
Armor: Honorable Archon Commander's Set
Weapon: Distorted Dragon Lord's Pride + Honorable Archon Conqueror's Cane
You can also get a 2nd non-extend Staff(the mythic one + Honorable) but I prefer playing with extend all the time.
Accesories: Archon Commander's Corundum Set
1. Magic Mantra
2. Celerity Mantra[ Movement Speed]
3. Intensity Manra[ Crit]
Sometimes when I need a lot of damage, vs. Clerics for expample, I turn on Rage Spell, switch Magic with Victory Mantra and hope for high damage random stuns and kd's xD
4.2 Promise of Earth/Wind
As you can use only one of those 2 skills, you should always be using Promise of Wind. It is a nice buff which gives you additional damage, especially in combination with Blessing of Wind and AAC'ing. Promise of Earth just gives an attackspeed debuff which is pottable, but you already have hallowed strike which is not pottable and can be used non-stop.
Auto attack canceling is basicly the same on every class. You wait a bit between each skill and use the next skill immediatly when the auto attack damage applies, so that you cut the complete animation of it. If you want some guide how to do it just use youtube ._.
As Chanter you should not AAC all the time though.
Some basic rules:
1. Try to AAC every skill while using Blessing of Wind OR/AND Word of WInd[DP skill, gives movement and attackspeed]
2. Take care that AAC does not **** up a stun/knockdownlock if you really need your enemy being locked.
3. Always AAC if you run out of skills
4. AAC if you need to do high damage without wasting skills with high cooldowns or when they are already in CD
5. Don't AAC if you need a fast covered debuff, or a fast knockdown/stun.
4.4 Jumpshot (If you need a Guide how to do it use youtube)
I basicly try to jumpshot every skill that is not usable while moving and has a long animation. But it really depends on the situation aka how I/the enemy is moving cause you can't jumpshot if the char is already doing an auto attack. Though imo Mountain Crash should nearly always be jumpshotted. The long animation can really **** you up cause you're vulnerable if you stand in front of the enemy and use that skill. Also if you need to react fast, for example when a sorc is silence-covering you, the animation of MC can really **** you up.
4.5 Some basic tipps:
1. Try to keep Hallowed Strike up on EVERY class.
2. Try always to cover Binding Word(Meteor Chain, jumpshotted MC+ first meteor chain skill is nearly an instant cover)
3.Use Protective Ward wisely. It gives some nice damage reduction but lasts for 10sec only, so use it if you know a big burst is incoming, or a covered silence,stun/kd-lock.
4. Don't waste Remove Shock, especially not on short stuns. Use it if you benefit of the time you gain.
6. Pop Recovery Spell if you know high damage/stunlock is incoming. You can use it with full HP, it's a HOT
7. You can't knockdown an enemy if he takes no damage of the skill[Stone Skin, Spirit Sub., Bodyguard etc..) while stuns STILL WORK.
8. Stumbles don't override. If you try to stumble a target make sure he's not stumbled yet.
...will add more, just don't know what atm ._.
9. Aetheric Field is like a second Protective Ward with even higher damage reduction.
4.6 Basic tipps vs. each class
1. It's a RNG fest.
2. Try to make him waste RS before going full damage mode
3.Try to get rid of hallowed strike before you try to burst him[kiting and bind skills can help a lot here)
4. If it's 1v1, you can always pot/dispell bind skills, chants don't have more dangerous debuffs.
5. Try to keep at least one stumble skill until you try to finish him.
6. The removeshock stun is really reliable, you can use it if the enemy does not have RS anymore and you're sure that you won't get killed by a stunlock.
1. Basicly, make him waste RS -> stun/kd-> burst him to death.
2. Kill Noble Energies/get out of range. Just don't do it if you're close to kill the cleric and you need to stay in range with him.
3.Keep in mind -> Stunning a cleric while you have low HP and the cleric has RS can kill you. Clerics have a high damage removeshock chain skill.
4. If the cleric comes close(and probably gonna use Hallowed Strike) use Perfect parry to get the skills that require a parry.
5. Keep in mind -> Don't waste any pot/dispell if the cleric is gonna use Festering Wound and Blind. If that is covered and you can't get out of range fast enough you're dead. Pward can help here though.
6. You can use your RS-Chain skills all the time, clerics have 1 stun only.
1. Try to use removeshock only on knockdowns. Though, if you take too much damage or are at low HP you should use it on any stun/knockback..
2. Use ranged skills/hallowed chain to kite his damage buffs off.
3. Pward can safe you from high break powers and also gives stumble resist, aka can safe you from swordstorm etc..
4. You can if lucky prevent getting pulled with Anti-Shock scroll[+ perfect parry]
5.Take care, they have a RS-CHain pull!
6. If 1v1 just pot/dispel any slow/attackspeed reduction, no dangerous debuffs!
1. There are 2 ways of killing a gladiator.
a) If he goes full rape mode do so aswell. Pop Unstoppable and Blessing of wind and damage him to death while trying to keep him stunlocked/bound. Use Pward/ Instant heal's/pots and pop a recovery spell if you can.
b) kite off berserking( you have binds, dispells/pots/pward for that). If you're still taking a lot of damage and can't really stay close to him even kite off second wind/ud
2. Take care, felocity(removeshock-chain buff)+ berzerking can lead into an instant death, even with pward on.
3.Make use of the hallowed strike chain slow debuff at the right time.
4. Strengthen wings removes binding word/the slow of hallowed chain
5.Glads have 2 root skills. Try to keep the greater healing pot for the case that one of them is covered. Aka, use dispell if it isnt.
This fight depends a lot on each's removeshock.
1.Keep in mind that they have a silence and a blind skill. Kite until you can cover both/at least blind.
2. Most sins buff/use Massacre before they Ambush you, so you could already use PWard before they jump at you and keep RS.
3. You can also immediatly RS and make him waste RS aswell and finish him after the buff is gone.
4. Always keep in mind, if you already have the RS buff don't use pward. If you have pward on don't use RS. It's not always possible though, depending on the incoming damage(shadow rage etc) and your HP
5. Take care of Sensority Boost. It increase MR and Evasion and will make like all of your stuns/debuffs fail, and randomly your knockdowns/other skills will be evaded aswell, so better kite it off.
6. Don't waste any good skills on FE.
1. Try to get him stunned/ kd'ed as fast as possible, once his rs buff is gone and you got him in stunlock he's dead.
2. If he sleeps you and covers sandstorm, make sure you dont waste your pot before you CAN pot sandstorm.
3. If he hides use seed of detection to get him in stun first.
4. Always try to stay close to him, remove FE with an AAC'ed auto attack.
5. You can bridgeover the time of his RS buff with a covered bind.
6. If you can manage to use soul lock after a stun/kd before he RS and he pots it, you can just immedialty use binding word after that.
7. Take care of Fleshcutter Arrow, it reduces your heals by 50%, so better kite/pot it off before you use big heals/HP pots.
8. Try not to waste a greater healing pot on a first silence. You'll most likely be able take the damage without dieing and will have the pot kept if he uses sleep arrow, especially if you could manage to use PWard before.
1. Keep in mind -> Like every good sorc will use 3 debuffs before silencing you.
2. If the sorcs pops vaizel and even better also illusion at the beginning of the fight, try to run straight away until those buffs are gone. Also use dispell if he slows you!
3. Sometimes sorc will try to arcane/ice chain-> sleep you. DONT WASTE RS
But if he starts debuffing, USE RS.
4. IF you know a covered silence is incoming, and you wont be able to kite it off, use PWard. If he's using Magic assist he'll if he's lucky even burst you through that. So aetheric is even better.
Alwys keep Rise for Illusion Storm/Aetherhold, if you wasted both RS and he manages to get you cc'ed /stunned you're dead.
5. Remove Illusion with an AAC'ed meteor strike.
6. If he CC you, try to pop up a recovery spell before.
7. Don't use Soul Strike(too late) before he CC you. It's delayed and his cc will get through though.And if he's not sleeping you for ages you will have the skill in CD when you actually need it.
8. If he starts a fight with a CC, try to get down his stoneskin before the cc applies so you have the chance to instant kd him when you get our of sleep.[Dis. Blow]
Well not much to say, you're probably gonna lose to any decent SM anyways..
1. Meh, just dont use any buffs, he'll remove all of them anyays... xD
2. Try to make him waste RS -> try to survive until his rs buff is gone -> stunlock him to death
3. Try to keep pots/dispells for Shackle of Vulnerability/body root/sigil of silence
4. Try to glide off fears if possible(not slowed)